How are the products evaluated?
To assign a letter to each product, sustainability experts have drawn up a list of more than 70 criteria assessing the environmental and social impact of the product from its design to its transport to the country of sale.
- The use of recycled or bio-sourced materials in the manufacture of the product and its packaging
- Compliance with international guidelines prohibiting the use of substances hazardous to health and the environment
- Compliance with ISO standards on eco-design
- Evidence that an audit has been conducted based on reputable standards for employee working conditions
- The recyclability of the product and packaging
- The possibility of a second life after a cycle of use (e.g. collection for recycling)
- The use of less polluting modes of transport such as boats
- The geographical location of the production site
- The implementation of a committed Corporate Social Responsibility policy